MARY’S WALK & KERRYMEN PUB 5K
Sunday, March 22, 2020
Race Start: 12:00 pm
This race will not be cancelled, unless weather or other circumstances pose risk to athletes and volunteers. Please dress appropriately for the weather.
Baby strollers and walkers are welcome but asked to start in the back of the running group.
Fleet Feet Maine Running Company
309 Marginal Way
Saturday, March 21
10:00 am – 1:00 pm
RACE DAY, Sunday, March 22
10:00 am – 11:30 am
In your packet you will receive your bib number. Your bib will have your timing chip on it if you are a runner. Walkers will not have timing chips. Please wear your bib on the front of your body.
11:30 am – OPENING CEREMONIES, Thornton Academy Gymnasium
12:00 pm – Kerrymen 5K Run begins at Kerrymen Pub
12:15 pm – Mary’s Walk begins at Thornton Academy
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm – Refreshments and Awards behind the Kerrymen Pub
RACE NUMBER DISPLAY
The race number must be displayed on the front at all times during the run portion of the race.
- Athletes planning to wear layers should keep in mind that the race number needs to be visible at all times.
- Do not pin the number to a layer that may be removed.
- If the race number is left along the course, the athlete will need to go back and get it BEFORE finishing the race.
The awards ceremony will take place at approximately 2:00 pm, or once all race results are available from the timing company. There will be awards for both men and women the following categories (no duplicates).
- Top 10 Individual Fundraisers
- Top Fundraising Teams – We will award prizes to top fundraising teams in each category:
- Friends and Family
- School or Organization
- Age group awards (10 year intervals): 19 and under /20 – 29 / 30 – 39 / 40 – 49 / 50 – 59 / 60 – 69 / 70+
The 3.1 mile run is a primarily flat loop course utilizing both roads and paved pathways. The course will be clearly marked with signs and monitored closely by volunteers. The walk is 2 miles and is also a primarily flat, paved course.
Water will be available at Mile 1 and Mile 2 on the run course.
There are several traffic intersections along the walking and running courses. Although the intersections will be monitored by Police and volunteers, please use caution when crossing all streets.
- Take exit 36 for Route 195.
- Coming off the exit, proceed straight on Route 195 to Exit 2A (Main Street) in Saco.
- Turn right onto ME-5/US 1 S/ Main Street.
- Thornton Academy will be on the right in 0.5 miles.
For more information, call us at 207.773.2533.