What began as a way to recognize the gift of life that Mary shared with friends, family and community has now evolved into a community event where people come to honor and remember friends and family that they have lost and to encourage and support those dealing with cancer.
You can participate in Mary's Walk & the Kerrymen Pub 5K as a walker or a runner. Here's how:
- Sign up online to walk or run.
- Create a fundraising page.
- Ask your friends, family and co-workers to support you as a participant in Mary's Walk. Remember: 100% of your fundraising dollars are spent here in Maine to help the fight against cancer!
- Join us on Route 1 in Saco, Maine on March 17th.
- Same-day registration begins at 10am at Thornton Academy.
- The Kerrymen Pub 5K begins at the Pub at 12 noon.
- The Walk begns at Thornton Academy at 12:15.
- Show your pride! Wear some green for St. Patrick's Day!
- Awards for top racers and top fundraisers take place behind the Kerrymen Pub with free food donated by area merchants.