Mary's Walk began in 1999 as a unique way to recognize and remember Mary Kerry Libby. What started as a stroll through town with a few hundred people has evolved into a major community effort that has attracted over 50,000 participants in its 16-year span.
Last year, Mary's Walk and the Kerrymen 5K raise over $300,000 to support the work of Maine Cancer Foundation. Thanks to the support of donors like you, Burkitt's Lymphoma now has effective treatments that save lives every year.
We will continue to support the memory of Mary and all men and women who suffer from every type of cancer until we can proudly say, "Yes. We have a cure."
You can participate in Mary's Walk & the Kerrymen 5K as a walker or a runner. Here's how:
- Sign up online to walk or run.
- Create a fundraising page.
- Ask your friends, family and co-workers to support you as a participant in Mary's Walk. Remember: 100% of your fundraising dollars are spent here in Maine to help the fight against cancer!
- Join us on Route 1 in Saco, Maine on March 29th.
- Same-day registration begins at 10am at Thornton Academy.
- The Kerrymen Pub 5K begins at the Pub at 12 noon.
- The Walk begns at Thornton Academy at 12:15.
- Awards for top racers and top fundraisers take place behind the Kerrymen Pub with free food donated by area merchants.